Top Tips for buying Tap Dance Shoes
Poorly fitting, or choosing the wrong type of tap dance shoes is a common problem for dancing and this can poorly affect the performance of the dancer, and can even result in injuries. Therefore it’s essential that you pick the right tap dance shoes for your needs. Here are four things to think about to help you decide which shoes are right for you.
Choosing your Tap Dance Shoes
- The material: Tap dance shoes are usually made from leather, canvas or plastic. There are benefits to all of these different types; leather is long lasting, canvas is flexible and plastic is very cost effective.
- The sole: Traditional tap dance shoes have a full sole, but if you require more flexibility you could try a split sole, such as these Capezio tap dance shoes.
- The heel: low heels are suitable for all dancers, but older dancers may prefer a Cuban heel. Higher heels are not usually worn for day to day dancing, but are popular for dance shoes and performances.
- The tap: Ultimately the tap of the tap dance shoe is incredibly important and determines the amount of sound your tap shoes make. You can choose from single tap plates on the front or teletone taps.
- The brand: One of the most renowned brands is Capezio and we stock a wide range of their dance shoes. Other popular types are Bloch and Dance Designs
Learn more about our tap dance shoes:
Buying tap dance shoes has never been easier! Browse through our range of tap shoes available to purchase online. We offer a 21 day return or exchange policy if you wish to change your tap dance shoes, which means you can try them on at home to ensure you get the perfect fit! If you would like to find out more about our tap dance shoes then please get in touch with a member of our expert team.